lefttab about index follow righttab

Friday 11 October 2019

JRR Tolkien Collection


As you may have noticed by now I (Mr Hallow) am a huge Tolkien fan. I was always a massive fan of the Lord of the Rings movies, and eventually a few years ago decided to read the books. This sparked my passion for reading. Now any time I see a book written by or about anything Tolkien related I have to buy it, this being said we only really buy books from charity shops/second hand book stores hence us not owning some on the beautiful books we see in Waterstones ect.
We thought we would use this post to show you the few books we have managed to collect up to this point in time.


Like any book enthusiast I have my favourites, the paperback edition in the black covers are my favourite looks wise. I love the dark matt covers with the shiny black runes and symbolism, I'm still missing this edition of the hobbit to complete the set, however I will pick it up soon. My other favourite from the collection is the hardback trilogy book illustrated by Alan Lee not only do I love the brown fabric of the book and the way it looks on the shelf but the illustrations and maps in this book are great. keeping with Alan Lee the last book I want to mention is my copy of the children on húrin, although I haven't actually got around to reading this I love the illustrations and every time I look at them I get so excited to read this.


At the moment I would say my collection I fairly small, I don't currently own any rare or valuable editions but some day I plan to. The book I own the most edition of is the hobbit I have five different editions one of which being a pop out children's book. I also own three books by Tolkien which aren't part of "the lord of the rings" they are The Silmarillon, The Children of Húrin and The Lost Tales part 1, out of which I have only read the The Silmarillion. I currently have my eye on the leather bound/flexibound books by David Day but I cant decide which to get first! Although I think I'm drawn towards "The Hobbits of Tolkien". I hope this post isn't too boring - it is my first blog post I have written without the help of Mrs H! So please bare with my I will get better at this!! With that being said let me know how I've done and tag me in your Tolkien post and pictures ect!



💀 Mr Hallow 💀


No comments:

Post a Comment